12 Guage rifled barrel

rob2102

Apr 13, 2016
I'm new to hunting, and have a 870 12 guage for turkey hunting. I was looking into getting a rifled barrel for pig and deer hunting to save a little $. What would be the range of a rifled barrel? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Savage Axis can be found for ~$200 if you look hard enough (very good rifle). In my case I initially paired it with a $30 Simmons 8-point 3-9 by 40mm (minus $30 rebate equaled a free scope. Which I volunteer to hand on to you now). The next season I bought a Leupold VX-1.

My recommendation: Buy a low cost rifle rather than Jerry-rigging a shot gun into a rifle-ish weapon.

Off topic: I think that shotgun with slug should qualify for muzzle loader season.

Totally agree with Dan.....For what it costs you for a barrel, you can get a Savage or some other used rifle.....Might even come with a scope.....Remember too, this year you must use non-toxic for deer.....Not sure they even make a non-toxic slug.

ps.......Shotgun/slug gun do NOT count as muzzle loaders.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu