14$ mojo remote

The Deer Guy

Apr 4, 2016
For a while now I have been consistently using the baby mojo that runs off AA due to how lightweight it is and how far I treck. I couldn't be more happy with the results but it has had 1 small draw back... no remote. No remote means that if I want to conserve battery I have to walk out into the decoys 10 minutes before shoot time and turn them on. Worst than that though, geese don't like the spinners. So without the remote you are at a huge disadvantage IMO . I did some research and built a 14$ remote using a remote kit on amazon and I love. It's not designed for spinners but it beats the $40 mojo remote and it works better. Check it out on amazon...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01A...=6v+remote&dpPl=1&dpID=41ElUpzwWwL&ref=plSrch
If anyone has installation questions let me know but it's pretty straight forward.
Josh

Attachments

• IMG_0011.JPG
    IMG_0011.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0012.JPG
    IMG_0012.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0013.JPG
    IMG_0013.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0014.JPG
    IMG_0014.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 43
That is a great find. I have the same issues. I was thinking of trying to build something, but for $14, I couldn't buy the parts. Just ordered two from Amazon.
Thanks OP

Awesome. I did an eBay kit years ago. I wasn't happy with their performance so ripped them out.

There seems to be a lot better options now a days.

Did you test the distance on it? Do you know if you can link multiple transmitters to a single remote?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Nic and Kid, I tried a very similar remote and got good range around the house, but in the field, it turned on and off once, then would not come on again. These might be better, but reliability is in question.

Awesome. I did an eBay kit years ago. I wasn't happy with their performance so ripped them out.

There seems to be a lot better options now a days.

Did you test the distance on it? Do you know if you can link multiple transmitters to a single remote?

I've tried it around the house and so far it works better than my regular mojo remote. I was able to turn it on and off from over 50yds with no problem.

I haven't tried it much further than 50yds due to lack of space but I personally don't need any more than 20 or 30 yds as I typically turn it on/off from the blind.

I haven't tried it much further than 50yds due to lack of space but I personally don't need any more than 20 or 30 yds as I typically turn it on/off from the blind.

I am the same way when it comes to distance. The other brand I installed worked fine at home too.

It might have been the elements, but they just started failing.

I am the same way when it comes to distance. The other brand I installed worked fine at home too.

It might have been the elements, but they just started failing.

Yea they all suck in fog or rain

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu