2016 D Zone Big Buck Contest

Today is the last day to sign up!!! Make sure you do it before midnight. Good luck to all involved, I hope I win and you lose.

Good Luck to all

Last edited by a moderator:
it's all in fun for the friendly comp steve... by the way did you sign up yet? ;-)

Just don't believe in contests for hunting.....I've had a enough competition in my life.....;)

Besides, it wouldn't be fair to all you young guys.......:joy:

D-16 getting started 2016. September has arrived!

Last edited:
here is my big buck entry .

.IMG_0088.JPG

Closer pic of tape measure .

.IMG_2942.JPG

Not the best but the whole tape measure pic and antlers across

.IMG_2943.JPG

Nice! stoked to see someone got one. Can't wait to see what everyone else tags. I get to use my rifle starting this weekend. Excited to put one in the cross hairs.

Thank you everyone I will write the story up tonight or tomorrow night.

There really isn't a whole lot to the story, I actually spotted this buck feeding and when I spotted him he had his head down eating and I could see the antlers on each side of the brush I knew then he was a big buck. So then I waited for a shot to present its self . He then turned walked quartering toward me, but I felt comfortable with the shot and had a good rest well right when I went to pull the trigger he stepped forward so I hit him a little far back. At that point he went crashing down hill and I knew I had hit him so I went ahead ran down to where I last seen him and he walked out from a tree so I shot again and hit him in the lungs and that was it. When I walked up to him i was pretty excited to have shot such a nice buck. Then all the work started .

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu