2016 so cal desert muley

My dad and I hunted for 3 days before laying the smack down on his monster we have been chasing.
98b20ff30bf1a7483aeea04d24321129.jpg

Sent from my .25-06 using Tapatalk
Nice buck, congrats!

Great looking buck. I hope to get out next year to try for my first Mule deer. I'm pretty limited to SoCal so d17 and d15 are on my list. I wouodnt even know where to start looking for muley. I know D15 isnt the greatest. But a month or 2 ago we headed up off roading, from the North side of CNF and seen a few deer, they disappeared before I couod get the binos out.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Great looking buck. I hope to get out next year to try for my first Mule deer. I'm pretty limited to SoCal so d17 and d15 are on my list. I wouodnt even know where to start looking for muley. I know D15 isnt the greatest. But a month or 2 ago we headed up off roading, from the North side of CNF and seen a few deer, they disappeared before I couod get the binos out.

Be prepared to be competing with lots of hunters. This year it never slowed down, in years past it would've slow after opening weekend. But not this year.

Reactions: PyroTekRob
Be prepared to be competing with lots of hunters. This year it never slowed down, in years past it would've slow after opening weekend. But not this year.
I plan on it. We seen a few hunters in D15. But they weren't far back. We drove a few miles past them up to the top. Which is where we seen the deer.

Reactions: turkeyman 85

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu