2019 X Zone High Country Rifle Deer List

Bummer Drew. Do you have no time for another short trip later on the season?
not with the newborn in the house. I learned a lot and will do the hunt again in three years. Problem with where I went is it pigeon holed me to just that area so you hike up 2-3kft 4 miles back and you are kind of stuck 13k walls locking you in limited on how many basins you can safely access. It could have went the other way I could have got back there and found a monster bedded. If I would have seen that bear 12 hours later I would be on cloud 9 right now. I knew going into it that it was gonna be all or nothing. Next time I think I will hunt the passes that way I can keep mobile checking canyons etc. It was a great hunt a few years ago I would be bummed but now I don't mind eating a tag. I am gonna be a guide the rest of the season the boys have 3 deer tags and two Jav tags to fill so there will be blood. I have a D16 in my pocket but the 13 year old gets first dibs on anything with a branch.

not with the newborn in the house. I learned a lot and will do the hunt again in three years. Problem with where I went is it pigeon holed me to just that area so you hike up 2-3kft 4 miles back and you are kind of stuck 13k walls locking you in limited on how many basins you can safely access. It could have went the other way I could have got back there and found a monster bedded. If I would have seen that bear 12 hours later I would be on cloud 9 right now. I knew going into it that it was gonna be all or nothing. Next time I think I will hunt the passes that way I can keep mobile checking canyons etc. It was a great hunt a few years ago I would be bummed but now I don't mind eating a tag. I am gonna be a guide the rest of the season the boys have 3 deer tags and two Jav tags to fill so there will be blood. I have a D16 in my pocket but the 13 year old gets first dibs on anything with a branch.
Still more adventure than most of us have had lately.. solid effort there bud!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu