209 bluefin on the kite...

Unbelievable accomplishment, to hook, fight and land a beast like that. Props to you guys!!

Freaking amazing! My son went out on a 3/4 day last week and was lucky enough to get to wrestle this 195# beast in!

5adee5c484e0027a3826b543aa0f6637.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not a big blue water fisherman and have a question....On a 3/4 day boat and someone hooks a monster like this....What does everybody else do when he's fighting a fish like this for a long time?

ps.....I'm assuming it's not a 5 minute ordeal....lol

Reactions: socalhntr
I'm not a big blue water fisherman and have a question....On a 3/4 day boat and someone hooks a monster like this....What does everybody else do when he's fighting a fish like this for a long time?

ps.....I'm assuming it's not a 5 minute ordeal....lol

Steve,
I wasn't with him last week but I assume they keep fishing. There were only 11 passengers...
That's what we did last year when I was on an Ocean Odyssey 1 1/2 day.

BTW, he said this one only took about 30 minutes to bring in. The boat must have some quality trolling gear! It took me almost 2 hours to land a 90ish# last year on a Penn fathom 25nld2 bolted to a 30# daiwa inshore rod, 65# braid with a 40# top shot!

Luckily we are a charter boat and our guys are regulars. Everyone got to pull on it. Usually its exactly that. Watching one guy pull on a fish. I think it's stupid. For a sport boat. For a skiff ya, troll around and get a trophy. The islands are waking up. We have 4 yellows as of now and 20 something bass for 12 guys.

Reactions: socalhntr
Where is the tell all pictures of those two guys? You know, the one showing them combing their hair the next day? LOL

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu