280 AI Load Data

Remington1

Apr 8, 2016
Corona
Greetings

I have a Nosler M48 and I am looking for a some load data. I am most interested in AMAX loads, 162 grain or ELD loads. But I also am looking at some TTSX data a well (140 grain). Although Nosler has the data for their bullets, they made the SAAMI spec, I cant find anything for Hornady and Barnes. I would like to have a good 140gr and 160ish grain load. I hope to use 4831 and have Nosler brass.

N

The 280AI data below is from Noslers latest manual (#8). Use the Acubond loads as a starting point for the AMAX and the ELD-X. Don't worry about 160 vs. 162 etc. Also you can use the 280 REM Barnes data as your starting point for the AI with the TTSX and the LRX. Just remember that the Barnes need to be backed off of the lands a minimum of .040" and probably do better even .050" (which is what Barnes recommends).

Attachments

• 20160420_215504.jpg
    20160420_215504.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 28
  • 20160420_220547.jpg
    20160420_220547.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 26
thank you very much. In your experience, do the Barnes need to be seated deeper or is off the lands okay? The COAL on the manuals is different.

I will find the lands the old fashioned way with loading a unprimed round and adjusting the seating until the bolt closes since Hornady does not make a modified case.

Barnes do like to be seated a little deeper.

Are you in San Diego? If so, just get me a free formed case and Fine Firearms can thread it for you you. It is better this way because you get an exact chamber fitting to the case die.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu