2nd Volunteer Work Day at San Jacinto Set for Saturday, August 26th

fish dog

Apr 28, 2015
Johnson City, TN
I know, again, it's short notice but the next Volunteer Work Day Blind Brush-Up at San Jacinto will be Saturday, August 26th.

A great chance to scout for the dove opener if you're thinking about hunting dove at San Jacinto.

I'll post details in this thread as soon as I get them from Tom.

Starts at 6:30 am.......For all you newbies who are trying to find hunting partners or getting involved. This is a great way to do it....Bring gloves, bug spray, and water.....If you have access to palm frons, cut some, and bring them.

The best kind are the Mexican Fan Palms with the spikes cleared off.....Real easy peasy.

.006.JPG 008.JPG 003.JPG 004.JPG 011.JPG

Last edited:
I can't make it but if I could I'd bring my shotgun and hunt rabbits later. Be careful, ran across two large rattlers at San Jac a couple of weeks ago.

Another fun and productive day.....Blinds in Marsh B, C and V were finished.....Also redid F-1.....The handicap blind B-4 was cleared of brush for easier access.....C-1 was brushed up as well.

Talked to Tom about the encroachment of Lewis Homes and the meeting that's Sept. 6th.....Sounds like they've really tried to cross their T's and dot their I's.....This will be a tough one to beat back this time.....It will be at least 5 years before anything will really matter, but I personally don't see a great outcome for us waterfowlers.

Few pix from Saturday.

ps.....Lots of fowl starting to show up, including a ton of local mallards.
.011.JPG 009.JPG 022.JPG 024.JPG 026.JPG 029.JPG

Talked to Tom about the encroachment of Lewis Homes and the meeting that's Sept. 6th.....Sounds like they've really tried to cross their T's and dot their I's.....This will be a tough one to beat back this time.....It will be at least 5 years before anything will really matter, but I personally don't see a great outcome for us waterfowlers.

Great job for those that were able to attend. Thanks! As for the above if there is any hope at all we need to get people out to the Sept. 6th meeting. Hopefully, it's not a lost cause already.

Reactions: 30-06
Great job for those that were able to attend. Thanks! As for the above if there is any hope at all we need to get people out to the Sept. 6th meeting. Hopefully, it's not a lost cause already.
Thanks for the picture , Its jorge . Thank you again for all your great advice.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu