4x4 camping areas in cleveland national forrest?

Gspman

Dec 2, 2014
North LA county
hey guys ive got some friends that live in lake Elsinore that i have not seen in some time they have a new to them 4x4 and what to meet up in the cleveland and explore and camp this weekend. they dont hunt but i may take a rifle for yote hunting if i find a spot. My question does any one know a good back country 4x4 area to camp at? dont want a hunting spot or any secret areas just a place to get some friends off the pavement and away form most people? I see lots of roads off ortega but are anyh of the dirt? do they lead any where good?

thanks

Last edited:
hey guys ive got some friends that live in lake Elsinore that i have not seen in some time they have a new to them 4x4 and what to meet up in the cleveland and explore and camp this weekend. they dont hunt but i may take a rifle for yote hunting if i find a spot. My question does any one know a good back country 4x4 area to camp at? dont want a hunting spot or any secret areas just a place to get some friends off the pavement and away form most people? I see lots of roads off ortega but are anyh of the dirt? do they lead any where good?

thanks

corral canyon area has numerous trails and 4x4 roads primitive camping spots

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160927-183232.png
    Screenshot_20160927-183232.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 41
Reactions: Gspman
im think i screwed up on my question im looking to stay in the northern part in orange county above lake elsinore oops!!!

any thing in that area where the 74 goes through? they dont want to be too far from home for the maiden 4x4 voyage of there new to they jeep

im think i screwed up on my question im looking to stay in the northern part in orange county above lake elsinore oops!!!

any thing in that area where the 74 goes through? they dont want to be too far from home for the maiden 4x4 voyage of there new to they jeep
have fun GSP I've yet to venture into that part of CNF still trying to master stuff near home which is chula vista way down south...

I know just the place....I think?
Blue Jay camp ground off of ortega and north main divide. $20/night. Then head up north main divide which is a fire road so fairly easy off-roading. beautiful views.
Slightly challenging off roading is the "squirrel pit" Wildomar OHV off of south main divide.
Need more info pm or text me.
IMG_2776.jpg

IMG_2766.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: longbowhunter2
I know just the place....I think?
Blue Jay camp ground off of ortega and north main divide. $20/night. Then head up north main divide which is a fire road so fairly easy off-roading. beautiful views.
Slightly challenging off roading is the "squirrel pit" Wildomar OHV off of south main divide.
Need more info pm or text me.
IMG_2776.jpg

IMG_2766.jpg
that is a beautiful area, past thru there earlier in the year.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu