6.5 ICL magnum reload.

nedwards619

Aug 8, 2012
Looking for ANY information on how to reload this rifle that I was given. It is a 6.5 ICL magnum, rifle is based on a Mauser "C" collar I have a recipe for it but have no idea how to compress the 7mm cartridge that it is using. It's a belted 7mm with, 45 degree shoulder, with a 6.5 projectile. I am a pretty novice reloader and this is above my knowledge base.

Any help would be appreciated.

Nate

Here are the dies
http://www.ch4d.com/dies/calibers/caliber-list/?query=6.5&field=caliber&page=1
im sure you can find other sources.

Remember it takes 6.5mm (.264") projectiles not 7mm (.284"). Get the dies and I will help you Nate. If you need, I can order them for you.

holycow you can sling 140gr burger vld's at 3350 fps and keep them super sonic past 1700 yards!!! that is a mile for you kids keeping score :)

Stays super sonic at long range because it is a 6.5mm. ;D

Here is where the problem is:

The 6.5 ICL magnum is based on the .264 Winchester Magunum (parent case .300 H&H magnum). The .264 Win Mag is at best picky and difficult to get to shoot well. The 6.5 ICL magnum is overbore to say the least. With today's powders it may shoot but I bet it will be a chore.

NBK is prolly over at his house now helping him... the guy is slightly obsessed with the 6.5/260

I appreciate all the input guys. I am gettting all the pieces together, may take me a bit but as soon as I do I am sure that NBK and myself will be pumping out some killers. I just wanted to give this round a chance, a friend gave me the gun, I did some searching and found that it is lighting fast and very accurate. We will see, if nothing else it will be something to talk about. I will get some pictures of it she is a pretty gun. Hopefully she can shoot as good as she looks.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu