A few crows on the way to the 3 (dry) ponds

DanSanDiego

Venison for Thanksgiving 2016
Sep 18, 2014
Tomorrow, with the help of Mother Nature, I’m going to bring home a few crows (less than the limit of 24) while hiking to an area I’ve never been to before. It’s a goat hill to climb and then private property to avoid (I won’t be on private property but since no one goes there the owners nearby think they own the CNF). It is a scouting trip for turkey (less likely) and deer (way early for Oct). I’ll post photos. Wish me luck.

They're fun to call in, but what will you do with them after bringing them home?

Tomorrow, with the help of Mother Nature, I’m going to bring home a few crows (less than the limit of 24) while hiking to an area I’ve never been to before. It’s a goat hill to climb and then private property to avoid (I won’t be on private property but since no one goes there the owners nearby think they own the CNF). It is a scouting trip for turkey (less likely) and deer (way early for Oct). I’ll post photos. Wish me luck.

Why go in there and bang the crows? You're sure to push the few birds in there onto private. That place was busy last spring.

Well it turns out that Mother Nature had closed the door on me before I even left - the CNF gate was closed due to recent rains. Drove around a little but never got the 12guage out. Still a good day to be out in the field.

Reactions: msailor

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu