A good day trout fishing

dhntr48

Oct 7, 2015
Hey every one , any one been fishing for trout . With all this rain any one would think there would be more talk ! OK went to a few of my favorite streams in our southern California mountains . Did some walking off the beaten path . I nailed a 19 inch hen rainbow :) , a 16 inch hen native bow ,a 13 bow ,2 -12 inchers , and about 8 small ones . I released all fish , I went barbless hooks as always . Big fish came on a lip ripper . I used puff balls and glow bugs . Fish are at end of the spawn and it seemed to coincide with our last big rain as the water was on the fall and clearing up . The eggs should do well . I caught fish from last years spawn , and some from the year before , Being in drought that's good news .

Good job! Exciting to hear about the natives you caught. Off the beaten path is always a good place to be.

Did get some pictures , the 16 inch trout beached her self so I got over there for picture and let her go :-*

Attachments

• P2130078.JPG
    P2130078.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 31
  • P2130075.JPG
    P2130075.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 33

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu