A little bowfishing action from last year

Lungpopper

GLASS,GLASS,GLASS
Staff member
Mar 2, 2011
Lakeside
schoutdoors.com
It's just about bow fishing season. This is a little bit of the action from last year. If you guys haven't done it you should give it a try. It is very addicting.
https://vimeo.com/92463300

thank you I love this video
great music great action
I watch it at least once a month
just to keep fired up

went today it was a beautiful day
got some shots
and the guys on the docks
disposed of them for me

Attachments

• IMG_0459.JPG
    IMG_0459.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0457.JPG
    IMG_0457.JPG
    581 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0458.JPG
    IMG_0458.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 34
Love it as well..................... 8)

Attachments

• IMG_7667.JPG
    IMG_7667.JPG
    144.2 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_7671.JPG
    IMG_7671.JPG
    451.6 KB · Views: 40
  • DSCF0082.JPG
    DSCF0082.JPG
    514.5 KB · Views: 35
  • henshaw...5-31-13 005.JPG
    henshaw...5-31-13 005.JPG
    546.5 KB · Views: 37
  • henshaw...5-31-13 014.JPG
    henshaw...5-31-13 014.JPG
    364.6 KB · Views: 39
0$iris
Sunday we only saw a few fish. I only got 5-6 shot's off at fish and landed two. We spent a lot of the day just practicing shots at floating feathers and bubbles.
How was it today, did the fish come up?

It wasn't lights out by any means
but all but one shot was taken at pods on top
there was one spot with two pods about
10 ft apart with 10 to 12 fish. you know with
big circle of lips and bubbles. dreaming of a
double or triple and only get one.
spent a lot of shots on feathers too lol

it amazes me that I can hit a base ball size
balloon at twenty yards but can't hit a half dozen
5 to 10 pound fish with their lips up at ten yards

I'm an old fart with a lot of physical limitations
right now. I couldn't stand on the deck or seat
had to shoot from bottom of boat to keep from falling
i'm not very good at it but man is it fun

This looks like a lot of fun, but shooting from a low angle has to be a great disadvantage.

Your a bad A!!! Nice video there is no way I could buy a fishing bow I don't think my wife would ever see me again. We have a place at Martinez lake do you ever do it down there or is it to deep?

"shooting from a low angle has to be a great disadvantage."

sounds better then the real reason i miss lol

Truduct said:
Your a bad A!!! Nice video there is no way I could buy a fishing bow I don't think my wife would ever see me again. We have a place at Martinez lake do you ever do it down there or is it to deep?

Drew the river is a blast to bow fish. There you can shoot Carp, Tilapia, Shad and Frogs. We will put the boat in just before the sun goes down and load it back on the trailer when the sun comes up.
Here is a pic of a Tilapia from Ferguson.

Attachments

• IMG_1267.JPG
    IMG_1267.JPG
    346.2 KB · Views: 35
Lungpopper said:
Truduct said:

Drew the river is a blast to bow fish. There you can shoot Carp, Tilapia, Shad and Frogs. We will put the boat in just before the sun goes down and load it back on the trailer when the sun comes up.
Here is a pic of a Tilapia from Ferguson.

that is insane I have fished Ferguson my entire life and never once seen a Tilapia. I might have to get out and do it this summer. If it is at night after we get off the water that would be awesome. Do I just need some spot lights? We have deck boats and Bayliners. Do you have to run a generator to keep the lights going all night? I have a little Honda.

Is there a way I can adapt a reel to my existing bow?

You should hit big bear starting next month thru may the bow fishing will be awesome. you can easily get 100 carp a day wading in the water. Trick is to just find the area they are at.

sportyg said:
You should hit big bear starting next month thru may the bow fishing will be awesome. you can easily get 100 carp a day wading in the water. Trick is to just find the area they are at.

Will be hitting BB a lot this year leading up to the tournament. Randomshot and I will be defending our title.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu