A22 Doe

SoCal 1904

Jul 30, 2017
So this is my first year for deer. I started turkey hunting about 10 years ago and ended up having to stop hunting because of lack of time. I got back hunting 2 years ago. So this deer season I finally got deer tags. I scouted for about a month or so before season and haven't missed a weekend of hunting. And all the time hunting and scouting paid off on Saturday morning.IMG_20170930_171714.jpg when I got my first deer. I got a perfect 30yd shot. I hit her right in the back of the heart and the lungs.

Awesome job. Just getting within Arrow-range of a deer is a major accomplishment (one I have yet to achieve) and then you closed the deal!
In the picture where you are walking with the deer. That tree in front of you would be amazing to put a tree stand on (or use a climber).

Reactions: SoCal 1904
I actually use a turkey blind with a ghillie suit. I has 2 spikes at 16 yards the weekend be for and they never new I was there.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu