Adventure pass update.

I went to the palomar ranger station in Ramona 2 weeks ago. They told me you only need the adventure pass if you are parking at an area that has utilities. Is, camp site, bathrooms, etc. parking on the side of the road doesn't require adventurenpass. Hopefully they weren't lying to me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My understanding is that any place that they have constructed, such as a parking area, you will need the pass. These are normally found at trailheads, campgrounds, etc. CNF here in Orange county does have signs stating the need for adventure pass for these places. It really depends on where you park, not where you take a dump.

If you just pull off the road-you should be fine without a pass.

I always get a yearly pass. It is my way of contributing and I think of it as a donation for a good cause. Same way I donate to DFW by getting tags I don't fill/use, I do the same with my local NF. Also add on NWTF to that list.

Just like every other law comi Calif law get written by lawyers. Which can be clear as mud. To my understanding hikers sued the state for requiring wilderness pass at trailheads or any wilderness areas. But hell that can change. As it is 1/3 of my check gets taxed. Plus outrageous property tax. Gas tax and on. DMV fees is the UP there.

sane here purchased a senior pass about four years ago set for life anywhere in the country

Interesting. I have read that CNF and other locations 'say' they will write tickets. BUT I have yet to hear of any forestry service workers giving Judge Terry Hatter the finger.

Wonder why that is?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu