AirForce Texan SS

The Airforce guns are all about power,unfortunately they overlooked twist rates when engineering the .45. All the ones I have shot are total customs built by Doug Noble. They really aren't very impressive in accuracy and the trigger is not great but do achieve that big power that sells. For the money they are a low end big bore that at least are made in the USA. Most of the serious hunting guys are using Extreme Big Bores, Slayers,or the Bushbuck. It really depends on what you want to do with the guns and at what range you want to hunt. When looking to buy a big bore you really need to be committed to air. You will need a 4500 psi fill system and the patience to try different ammo that sustains good accuracy, that's not cheap. Like I said,It's a big commitment! Here is a little write up I did on a custom Airforce Condor that may give you an idea of how far you can take this platform http://mountainsportairguns.com/index.php/2016/12/03/1064/

Last edited:
well humm that does not make me feel to warm and fuzzy about it.

no worries about committing to air. Got the tank and stuff already, been shooting marauders for a while now. want something that is quite and can whack a yote.

2k plus for the big boy custom guns is expensive. its why i was asking about the AF ss it seemed like a perfect fit. might have to wait if 2k+ is what it takes...

The Texan will no doubt take down a coyote,just not a long range gun in stock form. Possibly 100 yards before it turns to a scatter gun. The SS isn't really backyard friendly if that's what your looking for. If you heading out to open hunting grounds the gun is fine. If you get the Texan,spend the time and find the ammo that shoots the best and most consistent. Nick over at Nielsen Specialty Ammo is the guy I would contact, he knows his stuff.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu