All Ready for dogs!!!!

dusty

Nov 9, 2012
Got the 5.56 out and ready to go. Went to P2K last week and sighted in at 100yds, still on target after this past spring. Never taken a dog with this rifle before. Can't wait to let one fly!!!!!! Going to try out some heavier rounds since I have 1:8 twist. Any recommendations on heavier grain projectiles?

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    553.3 KB · Views: 24
dusty said:
Got the 5.56 out and ready to go. Went to P2K last week and sighted in at 100yds, still on target after this past spring. Never taken a dog with this rifle before. Can't wait to let one fly!!!!!! Going to try out some heavier rounds since I have 1:8 twist. Any recommendations on heavier grain projectiles?
I hit the like button. :p

El Matavenados said:
My 1:8 absolutely LOVES Sierra MatchKing 77gr HPBT's.
That's what my pops bought!!!! I guess I will pick up a few boxes and go take a few shots at the range!

Are you reloading? The guy that builds my guns swears by the 75gr amax ymmv

I have a box of 70gr mk's most of the world says not to run them including sierras site for hunting

cut one open and it looks just like any other varmint bullet so I dont know.

Aeon said:

I have a box of 70gr mk's most of the world says not to run them including sierras site for hunting

not yet, maybe in a few weeks. My old man bought a entire reloading kit. We used to reload for 12 ga, and he only reloaded his 7mm. Now the both of us are going to reload every caliber we own, since the cost is going up.

Aeon said:

Match Kings are awesome varmint bullets - not so for big game. Accurate as all get out!

SoCalRebelHunter said:
Gotta love the Nikon! Awesome scopes for the AR platform
I was at Turners last year with my old man and ask the guy behind the counter how much? He told me 189.00 I took him up on the offer and asked if he had 2!!!! It was sold as a P series, not the M series which retails for 459.00!!! Its a great scope for the price!!!!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu