Another n00b

PSE-582

Sep 15, 2014
San Diego
Hey Guys!

Been looking around here for a while and enjoy the updates on FaceBook but I thought it was finally time I introduce myself.

My name is Travis and I live in Northern San Diego area. I've been shooting a bow for about 3 years but only really got into this past year when I bought my first compound bow (PSE Surge). Previously I was shooting my dads old Bear bow that was over 30 years old. I enjoy shooting at the ranges and in the 3D shoots but looking to take my shooting out into the field for some small game hunting now and work my way up to a hog soon. I don't have any friends that are into shooting, hunting or fishing so I'm hoping to make a few connections here so I can spend even more time out doors.

I've done some research and would love to go hunting for small game or vermin but don't feel comfortable going out into unfamiliar areas alone.

If anyone wants to show a noob a thing or two at the range, in the field, grab a beer and chat or if anyone ever wants to go fishing... just hit me up. If I'm not shooting then I'm fishing every weekend.

Photos below are nothing to brag about but I know the rule already, if there aren't any photos, it didn't happen :)

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

Yep and avatar up and running too! just like Breacher said - great first post. And welcome to SCH!

Thanks guys and thanks Lungpopper. I've gone thru a few versions on the holders but finally happy with them. I made a set for the truck too. I've made a small mod since the photos but you get the idea.

A3E8914E-CD75-4378-9D22-CF33CDA9A8E3.jpg

ACFBEA5F-F9D7-407C-A318-B3C7D0FC9B25.jpg

D7EA705C-89D0-45B3-A5EF-C1976616BA9B.jpg

SurfNHuntSD said:
A tuber that makes his own rod holders! Sell me a few haha. Welcome.

I'd be happy to get together to fish and help with building some holders to fit your tube or vehicle. PM me if interested. I fish almost every weekend.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu