Another Newbie

Blueman

Jun 24, 2017
Hi All,

I'm brand new to the site and live in the Temecula/Murrieta area. I'm looking to take the hunter safety course soon so I can get my hunting license. I would like to start my hunting experience with varmint/predator hunting in the Riverside, San Diego, and San Bernardino areas and work my way up from there. Maybe I can try my hand at deer next season. My current equipment includes a 12 gauge, 22 LR, 30-30 Win, 223 Rem, 7.62x39, and 7.62x54R.

I have both a Mosin and a Vepr. I would like to make the Vepr my medium/big game rifle for the future, but I haven't had much luck finding lead free ammo for it. I will most likely start using the 22 LR, 223 Rem, and 7.62x39 for now.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu