any other D11/A31 Angeles forest hunters out there...??

ultimatedude

Aug 9, 2012
Burbank
just wondering if anyone else is hunting the Angeles forest besides me...if so ..any luck yet ...have you seen anything ..???

ya i hunt local....lots and lots of does....LOTS ive seen 3 forky's one which was a monster that my buddy shot at and never hit vitals...(90 yrds)...i been watching another forky which is a decent size i will be on the prow for him tomarow AM and about 3 spikes...they r out there just havent had luck in my favor.

I hunt D11 with my A0 tag and my wife has a A31. No luck yet but we'll be up there a bunch this season.

yea ...i hunt asuza canyon and angeles forest off the 2 past Mount Wilson....my honey hole burned up in the big fire...and that area is still closed....

ive always hunted azusa my whole life since i was young rincon road has a lot to offer but since the fire its been closed due to paisas cutting locks and trespassing where they r not suppose to be forest rangers finally got tired of it and i dnt think they r going to open it this year..i have alot of honey holes up in rincon its my favorite spot to hunt cus all i know is rincon trail...i barely started exploring other areas the yr before last just cus it wasn't open.

i hunted Azusa during the early bow season...very hot and crawlin with ticks...switched over to angeles forest up the 2...alot cooler up there 5500 feet..

ultimatedude said:
buckhunter...do you hunt the GMR...i haven`t been up there yet this year...is it packed with hunters..???

Packed like always. And a bunch of rifle hunters in the bow only area too. Bow only area is from the top of GMR to the river at bottom.

I've been up there a couple of times this season, seen plenty of doe but no bucks yet. I never see bucks up there.

It's a tough zone but they're in there. Most are forkys.

I see bucks all the time up GMR but you cant get to them unless you like hiking straight up or straight down. And you have to dodge all the skateboarders, motorcycles and bikers. I hate hunting up there but its 5 mins from my house. All the old spots we used to hunt like Diamond Bar and La Verne are no more...

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu