Anyone fishing lobster?

From the feed back I am getting last night was slow. My buddy who is one of the best I know came home with 2 bugs. But that doesn't mean they won't be crawling tonight. Bad thing about the charters is you are only allowed so many traps per boat so you will have decreased odds.

Tried a new spot and didn't do well. Got 2 but grabbed 20+ maybe more. Wondering if the warm water is effecting their growth.

DFG boarded my buddy told him everyone was having the same kind of night. I think you are spot on it has been two weeks of crazy weather I don't know that that did to the water temps but I am sure it had an affect.

Got out there on Sat night to avoid all the boats for a two tank dive and only ended up with 5 legals per person between 4 divers. Usually we would’ve easily limited out if we do two dives in different spots. Lots of shorts and lots of work…still happy, but not the same as previous years...

I wouldn't stress out about the lobster catches just yet. I was diving about a month ago in some of my better spots (under 20ft depth) and lobsters were everywhere. Dove again last week to scout and was having a hard time finding any. I think they've gone deeper or are staying put with all the surf we've been having.

I went out on a jetty Friday night for the opener. Only got a few shortys I tossed back.

I had 2 buddies that went out for the first time ever and got 2 limits in 4.5 hours. He said the tide was really racing and once it slowed down a little they started getting them every pull. I tried to post a pic of his pile but it says file too large.

Last edited:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu