Anyone want to take a newbie out?

I work a typical M-F...weekends off...so once youre set on an area...if u dont mind an extra set of eyes...we can set something up... Brian Haber posted he is interested to go and get a small group going as well...

I work a 9/80, so weekends and every other Friday off. I'm pretty open on off Fridays, and can do weekends as long as I've got some advance notice to let the boss lady know.

I works M-S. Only Sunday off. But typically nights so usually off by day break on Saturdays.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

I don't mind at all. I'm thinking upper desert and towards Palm Springs as well. Also maybe out towards Joshua Tree. There are some spots that look good. Just need to clarify land ownership. I will also try to scout and make sure signs are there. Don't want to suggest an area with nothing around.
I work a typical M-F...weekends off...so once youre set on an area...if u dont mind an extra set of eyes...we can set something up... Brian Haber posted he is interested to go and get a small group going as well...

Lots of BLM in the area. I also believe we can hunt Sand to Snow NatMonument
ea5e78ea4aaea24e52bb4a89219e86d6.jpg

Lots of BLM in the area. I also believe we can hunt Sand to Snow NatMonument
ea5e78ea4aaea24e52bb4a89219e86d6.jpg

I just bought the app and looking now. Some areas I'll have to go out to see if its accessible. I'm hoping we can all meet up eventually. Those are the areas I'm looking at. Would like to go closer to home but that's about as close as it gets unfortunately.

I just bought the app and looking now. Some areas I'll have to go out to see if its accessible. I'm hoping we can all meet up eventually. Those are the areas I'm looking at. Would like to go closer to home but that's about as close as it gets unfortunately.
I live not far. Corona/Norco. For jack rabbit this or the high desert seem to be the closest areas. Hopefully us new guys can get lucky and find something.

Just got this From BLM.
PARKS AND REFUGES: It is unlawful to: Hunt in any National Park or Monument, in State of California Beaches and Parks or Monument areas, or in any State Game Refuge, or to shoot into such an area any weapon capable of taking any bird.

Possess in any State Game Refuge any bird or mammal or part thereof, or any weapon capable of taking any bird. However, possession of firearms or bows and arrows by persons traveling through game refuges on a public highway or other public thoroughfare or right of way is permitted when the firearms are taken apart or encased and unloaded, and the bows are unstrung.

National Parks and Monuments have special regulations regarding the possession of weapons, game and the running of hunting dogs. Check with federal officials before entering these areas.

I have hunted the area you guys are looking at access would be at the bottom of the hill before you go up the 10. Not much out there but you could probably call in a Yote and see some Jacks. A lot of people use that area to target shoot. now if you went to the other side of the valley over by Idyllwild you might be able to find some more game rich country. Just my 2 cents. Like if I lived in Temecula that is where I would be hunting or finding access points to land. I believe that is all D12 BTW if you guys are planing on getting tags. But check me on that.

Just got this From BLM.
PARKS AND REFUGES: It is unlawful to: Hunt in any National Park or Monument, in State of California Beaches and Parks or Monument areas, or in any State Game Refuge, or to shoot into such an area any weapon capable of taking any bird.

Possess in any State Game Refuge any bird or mammal or part thereof, or any weapon capable of taking any bird. However, possession of firearms or bows and arrows by persons traveling through game refuges on a public highway or other public thoroughfare or right of way is permitted when the firearms are taken apart or encased and unloaded, and the bows are unstrung.

National Parks and Monuments have special regulations regarding the possession of weapons, game and the running of hunting dogs. Check with federal officials before entering these areas.
I find that odd. As in President Obamas declaration of the Sand to Snow Monument, hunting is listed.

"The protection of the Sand to Snow area will preserve its cultural, prehistoric, and historic legacy and maintain its diverse array of natural and scientific resources, ensuring that the historic and scientific values of this area remain for the benefit of all Americans. In addition to its significant scientific and historic values, the area also provides world class outdoor recreation opportunities, including hunting, fishing, hiking, camping, mountain biking, and horseback riding."

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.go...ion-establishment-sand-snow-national-monument

I find that odd. As in President Obamas declaration of the Sand to Snow Monument, hunting is listed.

"The protection of the Sand to Snow area will preserve its cultural, prehistoric, and historic legacy and maintain its diverse array of natural and scientific resources, ensuring that the historic and scientific values of this area remain for the benefit of all Americans. In addition to its significant scientific and historic values, the area also provides world class outdoor recreation opportunities, including hunting, fishing, hiking, camping, mountain biking, and horseback riding."

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.go...ion-establishment-sand-snow-national-monument

If that truly is the spot you want to go, it may be worth the effort to give them a call and see..if anything the people who is enforcing the area would know better than our speculations from blanket rules for a large region

I just got all that info. Thought I'd share it. Will check before I head there but all BLM is good.

A fair warning for you guys negligence does not work as an excuse with DFG. Make sure you know, know, know exactly what the law is. I have had to use ONX and reg books to prove my innocence in the past with the green jeans.

I have hunted the area you guys are looking at access would be at the bottom of the hill before you go up the 10. Not much out there but you could probably call in a Yote and see some Jacks. A lot of people use that area to target shoot. now if you went to the other side of the valley over by Idyllwild you might be able to find some more game rich country. Just my 2 cents. Like if I lived in Temecula that is where I would be hunting or finding access points to land. I believe that is all D12 BTW if you guys are planing on getting tags. But check me on that.
Will definitely look into that. It's been overwhelming trying to learn the ins and outs. Thanks for the info.

A fair warning for you guys negligence does not work as an excuse with DFG. Make sure you know, know, know exactly what the law is. I have had to use ONX and reg books to prove my innocence in the past with the green jeans.
That's the reason it's taking me so long to get out. Research and research. It almost seems like they want to criminalize the thought. Now I understand why everyone hunts out of state.

hmm.. i figure itd be best to just talk to the person who is "policing" the area..since they are the ones passing out the fines/tickets...heck they are there everyday, they may know some better spots? or do you think they are just like...f' u, stop hunting here regardless if its legal or not?

Depends on the warden most are pretty cool but it is not uncommon for even them to not fully understand the law. So just make sure you are good to go and you are obeying all rules. There is a ton of land is So Cal pick a spot on ONX and go figure out how to get into it. Sometimes its easier to just get out there.

Same reason I havent head out to Sand and Snow yet. No one picks up the phone. It rings and rings and rings. Rangers dont pick up the phone. I'm making a list right now of the local game wardens of the zones I'm looking to visit and will call them. As I know somewhere around there is supposedly shotgun only (I think closer to the 40 not the 10) but i want to be 100% sure before I head out for my first hunt.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu