Arizona javelina

dantheman

Jan 4, 2015
orange county
Anybody get after those pigs yet this season, I am heading out this weekend on an Archery javelin a hunt. This will be my 3rd javelin a hunt. I hope to connect this time. I haven't got one yet.

Anybody get after those pigs yet this season, I am heading out this weekend on an Archery javelin a hunt. This will be my 3rd javelin a hunt. I hope to connect this time. I haven't got one yet.

I'll be doing a leftover HAM hunt south of Tucson Feb10th. Buddy has been white tail hunting there and seen them every weekend. I know a lot of ppl are knocking them down out here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wife had the opportunity to hunt them at a woman's muzzle loader hunt next month but just can't swing it on short notice. We are going to hunt AZ as much as possible from now on. Can't stand CA hunting any more.

Good luck and keep us updated.

I went down called in two and put an arrow right over the back of one at 30yds. Fun stuff still haunting my dreams. Get a call they work.

Well we are heading home with no javelina, it was a great time though, we were near tuscon as well, it was some thick tough country, I found a small group and I spooked them while trying to stalk them, one doubled back on me around 30 yards stopped and starred at me head on, I never drew back I was waiting for a broadside shot but he went behind a bush and disappeared. I was happy I was able to find them though, it is so thick there you can't get a good vantage Pointe to glass. I also tried to call them but I was unable to bring them to me, I must be doing it wrong. I hope you guys have better luck, always a good time though

.IMG_20170113_205218_442.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: msailor
Well we are heading home with no javelina, it was a great time though, we were near tuscon as well, it was some thick tough country, I found a small group and I spooked them while trying to stalk them, one doubled back on me around 30 yards stopped and starred at me head on, I never drew back I was waiting for a broadside shot but he went behind a bush and disappeared. I was happy I was able to find them though, it is so thick there you can't get a good vantage Pointe to glass. I also tried to call them but I was unable to bring them to me, I must be doing it wrong. I hope you guys have better luck, always a good time though

.View attachment 29456

That's too bad! At least you got em in close. You see any other wildlife out there? What unit were you in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu