Audad Tag

TRICER

Dec 20, 2014
tricerusa.com
Well we just got the results and @Bonejour, a few friends, and myself will be hunting Audad next February in New Mexico. We drew the better hunt of the two choices out there. I am stoked to get myself a poor mans sheep. This should be a pretty difficult hunt since these things love nasty terrain. I have read they taste like piss, anyone have any experience? I have a hard time not eating an animal like this so I am planning to cut it with like 50% beef.
Big game hunting has ruined my life! Get a www.gohunt.com account it will change the way you look at drawings and the application process.

A5aoudad.jpg

I've eaten them. Never thought twice about it. I had it as ground meat in a curry. It was fine, I don't think you need to cut it but try it out and see for yourself! Good luck!

Reactions: TRICER
Congrats ! I applied for ibex with no luck I should have applied for a Audad as well . I have a go hunt membership and the odds of drawing audad is much better then drawing a ibex it's to bad I figured that out after the draw deadline but there is always next year .

Ya ibex and oryx are really tough draws and a lot of money up front. I applied for Oryx last year but you literally have like a 1% chance for those tags. But you can't win unless you play.

Ya ibex and oryx are really tough draws and a lot of money up front. I applied for Oryx last year but you literally have like a 1% chance for those tags. But you can't win unless you play.

"Thats Just My Game" and I applied as a party for Oryx a few years ago and we drew the tags on our first attempt. We both shot Oryx on the missile range. The weather was insanely cold. It was a 3 day hunt. The Oryx wasn't a giant but I have been to the rodeo and have the belt buckle. And these beasts are tough animals to kill. Real tough!

Cant shoot game from your couch so apply like a banshee and get out in the field. Next year I will apply for the Barbary sheep tag. I have been saying it for years and not following my own advice. I know exactly where they live and have procrastinated long enough.

Drew - you have got me wanting to go again! Thanks...

Barbary.JPG

Reactions: TRICER
That's awesome John. Definitely on my bucket list. Start building OR points and we will go hunt roosevelts in a few years. I am just starting OR this year it is a serious sleeper.

Very true ... it sucks but you gotta pay to play... I went ahead and put it on a cc and since they got the results so fast and return my cash back to the card it really only cost me the 13 bucks to apply. Mind me asking what unit you drew ? And how much is audad

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu