AZ Bull Down

Bad ass.... congratulations. Awesome job on a tough hunt. Thanks for stopping by and for the beer. Ed F

Reactions: TRICER
Amazing Drew. You are a stud! And who would believe you could kill an elk with a .260 Rem? ;)

Congratulations Drew! Way to stick with it! Guess you really only need to see one elk on a hunt, as long as he is the right one :cool:

Awesome story of public land perseverance! Way to stick with it, ignore the local who tried to steer you from his honey hole (have had that experience in Idaho), and there is no shame in hunting water (the patience is sometimes harder than spot and stalk)!!

Congrats that’s great ! You going to hunt the same unit in two years ? Once you get another point and can draw it again ?

Congrats that’s great ! You going to hunt the same unit in two years ? Once you get another point and can draw it again ?
I always have a point in AZ since I took the hunters ed class. But no I want to archery hunt AZ for elks I will probably need to wait about 5-8 years to get the tag I want out there. Next year I want to shoot Coues deer in December in AZ, antelope in Wyoming, and possibly elk in CO but that might be pushing it. I am seriously considering not hunting in San Diego for deer next year. I would rather focus my efforts out of state. I am sure I will get a SD tag but the opportunity and access is so much better out of state.

Great job in a new area. I met a guy in Idaho who "knew a better area" and he would pack me in with his horses. HA! I solo hunted where he didn't want me and have had two big bulls within 30yds the last two years, just couldn't get a clear shot with the bow at either.

Way to read through his "helpful advice"! Great writeup and pictures.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu