AZ UNIT 16A Javelina

TRICER

Dec 20, 2014
tricerusa.com
I applied for unit 16A for a January archery Javelina hunt. I drew my tag and I am starting to do my research. I am thinking of staying more in the south eastern side of the unit an area called the Poachie wilderness. Figure I would put all my focus on this area and see if I cant get it done. If you have any info on this unit a PM would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully me and the the boys will bag my first stink pig. We will be going out New Years eve and hunting for 4 days. Lots and lots of glassing in this desert unit. I am looking at picking up a spotting scope before we go.

https://www.azgfd.com/hunting/units/kingman/16a

I applied for unit 16A for a January archery Javelina hunt. I drew my tag and I am starting to do my research. I am thinking of staying more in the south eastern side of the unit an area called the Poachie wilderness. Figure I would put all my focus on this area and see if I cant get it done. If you have any info on this unit a PM would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully me and the the boys will bag my first stink pig. We will be going out New Years eve and hunting for 4 days. Lots and lots of glassing in this desert unit. I am looking at picking up a spotting scope before we go.

a spotting is a good thing, sit and glass as much as you can be patient they will be nothing then one pops up look to the sunny side of the mts in the am and look for cacti or where they have been digging good luck

Thanks the boy's and I leave 5am Sat. The forecast called fore rain the entire trip looks like it will only be raining Monday now. I look forward to sticking one of those stink pigs. Saving my ONX maps now.

Good luck Drew. sounds like great fun. If you want, you can borrow my scope and tripod. they are not too heavy as a unit, and if you already have one of your own, one of your boys could practice looking through it. I don't think they could carry it up a hill yet, though. Text or pm me if you are interested.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu