Bad luck for Me

longbowhunter2

Oct 16, 2013
on the mountain
Went out saturday morning. with my partner. a place where he has seen a nice buck. went 2- 1/2 - 3 miles in sat and watch all morning. all we saw were rabbits. quail, horseback riders, & hikers that busted our spot. life on the mountain.

went out the evening by myself, still hunting, no luck, but good deer pattern, but no go, started to walk in I got buster by a nice
3 x and a doe, both were gone before a I could shoot.
In the way home truck starts to malfunction. so no hunt for me on sunday. anyway I was beat from the saturday morning hike.

monday morning truck is in the shop. so hopefully I can hunt the last D-16 weekend.
it's not looking good, I may eat my D-16 Tag, but have hope for my A-22 tag. being last week end my chances are slim. :p

LBH2

Sorry to hear about the rough hunt and the truck having problems. That is like rubbing salt into the wound after a rough day hunting and getting busted on the way out.

Hopefully next weekend will be the "magic" weekend for both of us. :) At least if it isn't magic for me, I hope a buck comes in for you. Keep at it. ;)

AirRifleHunter

good luck to you buddy. I know you can do it.

well it appears my transmission is fragged. thats the bad news. the good part is it's under warranty.
hopefully they "ford" can RR before this week end. 2011 ford ranger 4 x 4.
back to the big timber this week end. I use to hike all these mountains. getting rough on the weathered knees.

LBH2

longbowhunter2 said:
AirRifleHunter

good luck to you buddy. I know you can do it.

well it appears my transmission is fragged. thats the bad news. the good part is it's under warranty.
hopefully they "ford" can RR before this week end. 2011 ford ranger 4 x 4.
back to the big timber this week end. I use to hike all these mountains. getting rough on the weathered knees.

LBH2

Thanks! Back at ya too! :)

If your truck isn't repaired before the weekend will you have a ride? Or need a ride?

well good news, my tranny will be removed & replaced, & not rebuilt. ;D bad news, it may not be ready for the weekend. :'(

now so where to go this weekend? For the last leg of the D-16 hunt, archery or rifle, I have not made up my mine. I do know where I will be
during the final archery. ::) my stand is already there.

this week & next week is generally my best two weeks of hunting. I have next thursday, friday, sat & sun off.
This week end I may go archery because I know where there is a nice buck. :D

Good luck to you LBH2. Sorry about the truck.
I'm headed to the airport. Will report on deer and bear from VA.
:)

Sent via Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu