Barricuda?

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
I don't know who said barriers are good eating (other than smoked)..........Deep fried southern style (beer batter)......Garnished with green onions, fresh cut tomatoes, picked lemons and a little mayo too mix.......Dee, Dee-lious!

Attachments

• IMG_8206.JPG
    IMG_8206.JPG
    392.5 KB · Views: 18
Soaked some in milk for 30 minutes then deep fried in beer batter. I thought it tasted great! Your making me hungry and I just had lunch ;D

Not a big fan...good for you guys though. Did look good.

I tried it; not my taste, but perhaps smoking would help.

Sent via Tapatalk

Growing up in the South, battered and fried makes anything better! Please forgive my ignorance but, what is wrong with barracuda? Is it anything like wahoo?

When I used to dive regularly I'd stay away from cuda only because of the ciguatera threat, but once I shot one and it tasted alright. Its not really like wahoo, a bit on the oily side but is awesome grilled/blackened, and heard its bomb in the smoker.

SurfNHuntSD said:
When I used to dive regularly I'd stay away from cuda only because of the ciguatera threat, but once I shot one and it tasted alright. Its not really like wahoo, a bit on the oily side but is awesome grilled/blackened, and heard its bomb in the smoker.

x2 on ciguatera. Though the one person I know who got, it was in Hawaii (from a cuda).

Anything oily is good in the smoker. Even tuna bloodline is good smoked. Though I don't make a habit of eating it.

Well I'll try smoking next time. Cuda to me is like a big fat cylinder of bloodline.

Sent via Tapatalk

They smell fishy to me right when they come out of the water, like mackerel. But a buddy of mine caught one: he cut steaks and grilled with lemon. He loved it and his little girls ate it too.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu