Bay bite

TRICER

Dec 20, 2014
tricerusa.com
had a wide open morning with the boys in the Kayaks this morning SD Bay. If you guys haven't tried Hookup Bait Jigs you are missing out. We caught everything on them halibut, sandy's, spotty', lizards, barracuda, mackerel. Only took two home but we caught a combination of at least 40 fish by 11:30 this morning.
The boys were throwing gulp mullets and crushed it as well. The gulps always do good but it was my first time with the hookups and it is easily my new favorite jig. One jig lasted me all day and I don't even know how many fish. Great morning perfect weather. Stoked the boys are getting older they have always been fun but this age is rad. The boys had a blast feeding the pelicans all the mackerel very fun morning. Get out there and get some.

Side note: we were using 3/8 oz hookups, I will get some 1/2 oz for next time. when tide gets going it is hard to get them down to the bottom at least in 30' water. $9 for 3 3/8 oz $9 for two 1/2oz seems expensive but you will not regret it. We used pink.

IMG_1595.JPG
IMG_1600.JPG

I'll have to try that lure up here in LB. Way to get the boys out for quality adventure!

It has a weird action just a little flick and it goes backwards sideways etc. I played with them in the pool and didn't think it was impressive but man they work. Goes to show that my opinion doesn't matter because I am not a fish.

It has a weird action just a little flick and it goes backwards sideways etc. I played with them in the pool and didn't think it was impressive but man they work. Goes to show that my opinion doesn't matter because I am not a fish.
Sounds like the first time I threw a Senko in the pool and figured no way in hell a proud predatory game fish like LMB is going to grab that do-nothing bait. Well I've probably spent $1000 on Senkos over the years. Thanks for the lure recommendation!

Reactions: Big Jim
damn, amazon doesn't sell them, these will be a welcome addition with my 2000 big hammers. lol

Jim anglers arsenal has them or you can get them direct online for a better price. Anglers arsenal is sold out of almost all of the 3/8oz I think I bought the last two packs.

Reactions: Big Jim
Jim anglers arsenal has them or you can get them direct online for a better price. Anglers arsenal is sold out of almost all of the 3/8oz I think I bought the last two packs.
22779e0772e55ad9131c4fcad1fa255b.jpg

Angler's had been sold out for some time, but I stopped by yesterday and they had a fresh batch that I'm told will be gone quickly. Hoping to get out on my tube in the next few days to give these a whirl.

Reactions: TRICER
1a97e115f249940df8f08b0e95e487e2.jpg

They work for sure.. had a nice morning tubin' the bay today. It was quantity over size. Had 1 barely legal spotty plus about 8 or so smaller ones that fought well, all in about an hour's time. Fun stuff. I suck at taking pics while fishing.

Reactions: TRICER

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu