Becoming a hunting guide

Discussion in 'The Guides Corner' started by D16hunter, Jul 16, 2014.

1. El Matavenados

Hatchet, you're such a troll! That's why we love you. 8)

2. D16hunter

D16hunter Well-Known Member

Ok thanks man that's awesome

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. socalhntr

socalhntr Member

play nice bloggers.....

4. longbowhunter2

longbowhunter2 Well-Known Member

hahahahahaha nice reply

5. TonyS

TonyS Member

oneaz,

Hatchet is a guide and a good one. He was pulling your $@**(!

6. Two Bear

Two Bear New Member

When I was in high School I too dreamed of being a guide. I went in the Military and the years rolled on, then to college and some more years lost, got married had kids and some more years escaped me. One day I realized my dream and went out and worked for an outfitter for free. By then, however, I could call the most stubborn of elk, I got a good reputation in the area and worked for a couple more outfits. After a couple of years and saved enough money for a down payment on my own outfit, and the rest is history. Today we chase elk across the mountains in Montana. You wont get rich, but the life style is to be envied. Hearing bugling bulls as you lay your head down, the smell of cowboy coffee in the morning from the kitchen tent, clear streams, horses, and clients you become friends with for the rest of your lives. Your young son, you only get one go around, make the ride worth it. There are plenty of old men to wish they had done things a little different, you can be one, or you can look back and say it was a great ride, your choice. Money is nice, but it ain't everything.

7. D16hunter

D16hunter Well-Known Member

Years later I still want to find a job as an apprentice guide/ spotter out west I wish I would have replied to this sooner I was just so caught up with school and life. Does anyone know of a guide looking for an apprentice/ spotter

8. DanSanDiego

DanSanDiego Venison for Thanksgiving 2016

IMG_1234.PNG Guides will want an apprentice who can increase the demand side of their business (clients) more than one who can increase the supply side (game). Figure out how best you can help a guide increase their clients and you will flourish.

Here is a posted role at Onx Maps in Montana. Do everything but knocking in their door to get a job like this an you will grow into a leader in the entire industry.