Bino harness?

View attachment 33391

Update: I finally picked up the Kuiu harness and it's awesome. Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Next I need the rangefinder piece. My Kuiu addiction may be starting...
I use the range finder case that my range finder came with. I just slid it in my bono strap. So basically it is the same thing, mounted in the same place, just not Kuiu.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Seeking recommendations on a new bino harness system.. currently shopping the FTF, Kuiu, and Alaska Guide Creations. Any one have one they really like? Preferably light, comfy while wearing a pack, and maybe have an extra pocket to carry a rangefinder or something. Thanks.

I have a Badlands harness like captaintb pictured I will sell it for $50 if any one is interested

Reactions: bowoutdoors.jp
View attachment 33391

Update: I finally picked up the Kuiu harness and it's awesome. Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Next I need the rangefinder piece. My Kuiu addiction may be starting...

Reviving this thread instead of starting a new one..... How do you like the Kuiu harness now that youve had time to use it? Im torn between the Kuiu and the Marsupial. The only thing about the Kuiu that Im worried about is the upper straps of the harness attaching directly to the binos. I like to use my binos on a tripod but dont want the back of the harness to drop down my back if I remove them from the bino. Anyone here running the Marsupials?

Reviving this thread instead of starting a new one..... How do you like the Kuiu harness now that youve had time to use it? Im torn between the Kuiu and the Marsupial. The only thing about the Kuiu that Im worried about is the upper straps of the harness attaching directly to the binos. I like to use my binos on a tripod but dont want the back of the harness to drop down my back if I remove them from the bino. Anyone here running the Marsupials?

I love my Kuiu harness.. light, comfy, minimalistic, and super easy to operate.. I totally recommend it. Only caveat if I had to list one, maybe, is that it's not a sealed pouch unlike others, so you'll get some dust and sticks in there if you bust the brush like I do occasionally. But that's really minor. Yeah I get what you're saying about the tripod situation.. it does have quick clips to detach from the harness but your shoulder straps will likely fall down your back. But I assume if you're tripod glassing, you'll be stationary anyway, so you won't be hiking around dangling straps off your back.

Reactions: NBK
I love my Kuiu harness.. light, comfy, minimalistic, and super easy to operate.. I totally recommend it. Only caveat if I had to list one, maybe, is that it's not a sealed pouch unlike others, so you'll get some dust and sticks in there if you bust the brush like I do occasionally. But that's really minor. Yeah I get what you're saying about the tripod situation.. it does have quick clips to detach from the harness but your shoulder straps will likely fall down your back. But I assume if you're tripod glassing, you'll be stationary anyway, so you won't be hiking around dangling straps off your back.

Second the Kuiu Harness. I have two and really like them.

I'm with Ed no pouch for me
I use the Nimrod but I need a new one after 12 years.

I hope Kuiu fixed the one they had out a year or two ago because it sucked.

I'm with Ed no pouch for me
I use the Nimrod but I need a new one after 12 years.

I hope Kuiu fixed the one they had out a year or two ago because it sucked.

What sucked about it? I have the old and new and would not trade either for any other bino harness/holster.

I have several Nimrod harnesses and can't deal with them due to the lack of elasticity over time. Also don't like my binos exposed. I have several new sets you can have.

I use the standard Cabela's Hybrid harness.....The reason is, I wear leafy-flage for just about every thing....It fits over my interior cloths and under my leafy top.....Also, while turkey hunting with the other kind of harnesses, turkey vests have too much stuff to wear the case in front.....Cabela's Hybrid can come with detachable case.

I also have the S-4 Lockdown.....Damn nice for deer hunting, but again just too much clutter in front for turkeys.

I love my marsupial bino harness. Definitely would recommend to anyone and like that it uses magnets to hold the flap open / closed. The owner was extremely nice and made my dad custom length straps for no extra fee.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu