Bluefin

MJB said:
If anybody has the weekend open the Condor is a for sure go with a very light load on both of their overnight trips for $205 you can't beat that.....if I get the whelping box done this Saturday then I'll be on for Sunday's fishing!
Can't go this weekend but that's a great deal. Is that off-season pricing?

If I was going on a local trip, the Outer Limits would be one of my absolute last choices to ride

Took our boat on Saturday, launched out of Shelter island, got a full scoop of chovies, made a right at the point toward the 267. came up on the 9, lots of birds doing nada, saw a few kelps, no one home, kept running and looking, weather was a bit choppy hard to spot kelps, found a few but still no one home. didn't see 1 BF all day, didn't meter any either. water temp was 63 at 50 miles 61 at 70 miles. made a good effort but no one wanted to play, left the area at 1pm, on the way back we found a few bird diving hard and saw a few splashes in the distance, ran up to them giving it some distance and nada, dolphin city, dropped some YoYo's for a bit but nada. came back to point Loma Kelp caught a WSB and a few calico. beats the crap out of mowing the lawn.

Me and a couple buddies, got after them on Monday. Got into a couple zones with boiling bluefin everywhere. Huge fish, crashing the surface, it was awesome! We would drive up on them slowly and would get about 2 casts with the poppers before they would disappear -- only to pop back up a 1/4 mile away. Played that game of cat and mouse all day. Most of them didn't want anything to do with us, but finally Cody hooked up and boated a 50lb model. (probably the smallest fish in the school honestly, most were well over 100lb). Can't wait to get back out there. Left the speargun at home this time, but I bet I would have been more productive with it than with the poppers (and would have gotten some sweet underwater footage). Oh well, next time.

Attachments

• IMG_6568.JPG
    IMG_6568.JPG
    544.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_6569 (1).JPG
    IMG_6569 (1).JPG
    531 KB · Views: 9

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu