Boar chops

TRICER

Dec 20, 2014
tricerusa.com
Boar chops, BBQ baked potatoes, and grilled asparagus with a balsamic sauce. I am yet to shoot something my kids don't like to eat. This stuff came out incredible.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
Re: Boat chops

Drew,

That looks great and the fact the boys like what their killing is totally awesome.....I learned at a very young age by my grandpa to eat what we shot.....Which included rain crows, coots, jacks, etc.....Even grandpa drew the line on ground squirrels though.......lol

Lungpopper said:
Looks good. Where did the Boar come from ?

I took a few customers out with Neil last month. One of my customers wasn't sighted in and missed a hog at dusk Saturday night. I ended up letting him use my gun Sunday to get a massive boar. We ended up bringing two home they split the meat with me well over 100lbs in meat between the two. Kind of stunk I really wanted a big boar and I ended up letting him take mine. But at the end of the day both my customers got hogs which was all that mattered. I booked another hunt for next March. Proofing targets will be required from now on for all my customers, that was an expensive miss for me. There was a ton of piglets up there next spring will be great. Also a picture of my hand load 30-06 TTSX doing what it should.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 10
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    967.1 KB · Views: 11
Did you brine the chops at all? I cooked mine in a cast iron just like a t-bone and it came out great, my buddy did his same way and said it was chewy and a little gamey. I didn't notice any gamey flavor at all, or maybe I just like it ;D

dariian said:
Did you brine the chops at all? I cooked mine in a cast iron just like a t-bone and it came out great, my buddy did his same way and said it was chewy and a little gamey. I didn't notice any gamey flavor at all, or maybe I just like it ;D

Nope....I just cooked them like steaks. The trick is to not overcook them and they will be tender.

Quote from: Lungpopper on July 06, 2016, 06:42:27 PM

I took a few customers out with Neil last month. One of my customers wasn't sighted in and missed a hog at dusk Saturday night. I ended up letting him use my gun Sunday to get a massive boar. We ended up bringing two home they split the meat with me well over 100lbs in meat between the two. Kind of stunk I really wanted a big boar and I ended up letting him take mine. But at the end of the day both my customers got hogs which was all that mattered. I booked another hunt for next March. Proofing targets will be required from now on for all my customers, that was an expensive miss for me. There was a ton of piglets up there next spring will be great. Also a picture of my hand load 30-06 TTSX doing what it should.

That's a good day at work.

Truduct said:
Lungpopper said:

I love the photo of the expanded round. I have a jar of bullets I've pulled out of game over the years sitting on my desk. Always brings back good memories. Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I gave him the round. He is getting the head mounted I think he is going to incorporate the round somehow.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu