Bow hunting with Giant Sequoia Guide Service

That looked fun Jon! Thanks Darryl. It was worth the wait. I knew the story but hadn't realized you guys were hunting with recurve as well as compound. Great stuff.

Great shot John. You couldn't ask for a better shot opportunity than that one. A lot of guys cant hit them with the rifle at 70 plus yards. good camera work too Darryl. Why have you guys been sitting on this for a year? Definitely the best pig hunt video.

Thanks guys. The recurve kill was my goal on the hunt but the pig caught the movement and string jumped me. That's what happens when your silhouetted and surrounded by animals. Darryl did an awesome job videoing the hunt and of course going out with Neil there was no shortage of animals to video. I was amazing seeing hundreds of pigs when I'm accustom to only seeing a few on a hunt. It truly was a great experience.

So true. I've blown multiple stalks with Neil, but I never came back without a pig. He works extremely hard to make the hunt successful. Great job to all of you.

It's all about having lots of land so you don't over pressure them......looking forward to my hunt this spring with Neil & Bolt!

The birds make a nice sound track especially the quail! But it would help to talk to your audience so we know what's happening.....just saying

The birds make a nice sound track especially the quail! But it would help to talk to your audience so we know what's happening.....just saying
[/quote]

Ya,, if I could mic these guys up I could do some killer videos.
My camera's not capable of that.

YOU could set it up during the shoot or during editing......don't need the guys talking just a little set up so he know what's going down

A lot of footage I see on tv looks like a reenactment to me. Not all, but a lot of it. I'm sure Neil and Jon wouldn't mind crawling around in the dirt several times till you're happy with the scene.
;)

Bonejour said:
A lot of footage I see on tv looks like a reenactment to me. Not all, but a lot of it. I'm sure Neil and Jon wouldn't mind crawling around in the dirt several times till you're happy with the scene.
;)

I don't know Don. Not sure they are ready for any of the reenactment stuff.
At one point after a 45 min stalk on a boar. At 25 yards I stepped on a twig :-[ (it happens) :-[ and the boar took off.
These guys didn't seem happy about having to do it again. I guess that's what I get for working with amateurs.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu