Bow question.

Drewski2324

Sep 26, 2013
Ventura County by way of Idaho
I am going to change the string on my bow with my bosses bow press. I have never attempted this before so I am looking for some tips. Is it customary to change the cables also? It's a bowtech assassin. Tips of the trade?

Unfortunately I am a little north of you guys. Somewhere around 3 hrs. I was actually going to have a shop do it this weekend as I will be in San Diego Friday Saturday and Sunday but all of the shops I called we're going to be closed.

Drewski2324 said:
I'm in Ventura.
Bruce says it looks like he'll have the Bow n Arrow Shop open Friday due to demand. Call them again and ask. If you are in San Diego and they are open, you owe it to yourself to meet him and his guys.

Drewski2324 said:
Unfortunately I am a little north of you guys. Somewhere around 3 hrs. I was actually going to have a shop do it this weekend as I will be in San Diego Friday Saturday and Sunday but all of the shops I called we're going to be closed.

I don't think the Bow and Arrow shop will be closed on Fri or Sat I would be worth your time to have it done by a professional then you know every thing will be right

sherpa said:
Drewski2324 said:

I don't think the Bow and Arrow shop will be closed on Fri or Sat I would be worth your time to have it done by a professional then you know every thing will be right

sorry I didn't look at the date what did you end up doing

Still waiting. By the time I made it to the bow and arrow shop they were closed. I'm still trying to figure out what to do. A zone is now open and I really don't want to re sight in my bow. But the string is about 5 years old and needs to be changed.

Well finally bought one online and got it changed at Bass Pro. Big mistake. huge mess. If you take your bow there you should pray hard. Only one guy there (i believe his name was Jim) knows what he is doing. Other than using the press to install the string I had to re-do everything at home.

Drewski2324 said:
Well finally bought one online and got it changed at Bass Pro. Big mistake. huge mess. If you take your bow there you should pray hard. Only one guy there (i believe his name was Jim) knows what he is doing. Other than using the press to install the string I had to re-do everything at home.
*cough* bow and arrow shop *cough*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drewski, why not call The Bow N Arrow shop? I bet Bruce knows someone closer to you who runs a first-rate shop. Just ask him for a recommendation. Just a thought.

Did you call the manufacturer?

If they recommended BPS I'd let them know of your experience

I would have loved to go to the Bow N arrow shop! I have heard nothing but good things from them. In fact I have sent friends there from San Diego and I have never personally been to the shop. The only reason I went to BPS is because we went to Big Bear for the weekend and it was on the way (I live in Ventura). If I didn't live three hours away from San Diego I would have taken my bow to a reputable shop in a heart beat. I dont have a good shop within an hour drive from me.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu