bow shopping in SD county?

DEW_0341

Apr 19, 2015
Best bow shop in SD county? Thinking I want to purchase my first bow would like some insight to what shop is nice, quality prices on quality products, and knowledgeable staff?

Performance archery in Kearney Mesa is a good shop as well. The push Hoyt and Mathews bows. I got my Hoyt Faktor 30 from them. I'd look into both shops before purchase

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Goyaałé
CJ1010 said:
Performance archery in Kearney Mesa is a good shop as well. The push Hoyt and Mathews bows. I got my Hoyt Faktor 30 from them. I'd look into both shops before purchase

That shop had a very rude staff when I went to buy my first now I wound up buying my first bow from the bow and arrow shop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea I've heard some people say that but I've never had an issue with anyone there. I have also heard the same about the other bow shop along with my own experience. "Best Bow Shop" is just a matter of opinion. I understand that some people have better customer service skills than other so might as well try both shops before making a purchase. I think of it like buying a car. You may like one over the other and it's a big important purchase. And you'll most likely become loyal to that brand if everything goes well.

Reactions: Grandmesa79
The only place I've been to is faith armory in Temecula but I wasn't in the market for a bow at the time. Thanks guys. If I do get one it will be my first bow purchase

I've shopped at 3 different archery shops in San Diego over the years. One no longer exists. The Bow 'N' Arrow Shop in Lakeside is the shop that I recommend to everybody who mentions an interest in archery. Bruce and his crew will do right by you, with a smile, every time. Service, service, service. No charge to set your bow up for you. Expect to spend some time in the shop, because they will be busy helping people, giving them the one-on-one attention they need.

I vote for the bow n arrow shop, bruce and staff are top shelf. bought my first bow there 2 years ago. they got me all set up to my specs, yes the wait might be a bit but who cares your in a bow shop checking all the cool stuff out ;).. good luck

Their are three shops still in SD......try the Elite line of bows not in the top 5 manufactures but it shoots real well and is a little cheaper........

Go shoot as many as you can bowtech, Mathews, Hoyt, PSE, bear and go from there don't look at the price concentrate on the feel of the bow and how it shoots for you. Then look at the price and go from their......also only shoot 3-5 arrows per bow if you don't shoot often it can make you tired after you shoot 20 or so and once your tired your done shopping & shooting until your rested. If you continue to shoot after your tired you'll create bad form and all bows will suck at that point.

Good luck and take your time

If you are in the north county area you might try Willow creek archery in Escondido, I've traded with them over the years and always had a good experience. Never dealt with the Bow and Arrow shop but I always hear good things.

Bow N Arrow shop without a doubt!!!!! I shoot a Hoyt, so had to purchase at another shop, but EVERYTHING to do with my bow, goes through The Bow N Arrow shop.

Always a good experience in there!!

I have no experience other than with Bow N Arrow Shop... Never felt any need. Even when I know nothing about a topic, which still happens a lot, they are patient, friendly, honest and thorough. Absolutely top notch pros.

I've dealt with all 3 in San Diego and Faith in Temecula. All of the shops have been helpful and satisfied my needs. I would not hesitate to do business with any of the shops. "Best" is an individual opinion.

Bow-n-Arrow Shop HANDS DOWN!

I bought my first bow from performance but after visiting Bruce and his shop, I'll never go anywhere else! They don't try to force anything on you.

And, they're a vendor on this site :)

http://www.bownarrowshop.com/

I have purchased 2 bows for myself from Bruce @ the bow and arrow shop, 1 ea. for my Daughter, Wife and Sister in law, my Brother in law, Father in law and Nephew have also purchased there. A lot of different personalities, and needs. I can say is it was the most relaxing purchases I have ever made, and The entire crew is on point. If you need to be sure you are seen in a timely fashion, it is easy, just call and make an appointment. I am a huge fan of the way they make you feel like you are a friend, and it is not fake, truly an experience!!

Well shoot I guess I'll check out the bow n arrow shop for sure..... I did go to performance archery yesterday and the customer service I received was freaking awesome. Two gentleman helped me out immensely without pushing me one way or the other towards a particular brand. I must of been in there for an hour or more and the whole time I got all my questions answered, they sized me up for future reference and sent me out the door with a smile.... only got to look primarily at HOYT and Mathews, and some PSE bows. If I were to narrow it down today I would be most interested in the HOYT nitrum 34 an the Mathews chill R.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu