Broadheads: Grave Digger Chisel tip

Jdrivsd619

Train Hard. Hunt Harder.
Feb 6, 2015
Jamul
Just curious if any one has tried one of these things. They look devastating, by including the fixed blade and mechanical with a trokar tip on it....... This might be the head I shoot next season. Please give me some feed back on any personal experience or information as to why you would or would not use this head. Thanks in advance.

I always prefer broadheads with the blades going straight to the tip. Anything else cuts down on penetration. Every time. If you're shooting a lot of bow at a smaller animal, that might not be important to you, but I wanna be ready for everything from turkey to moose. The mechanical heads are popular because they're made to fly like field points until they hit the critter. Those heads do look like they'll open a huge hole, if you don't run out of energy.

They do have a model with the blade at the tip its the original grave digger. Research on this head has been very limited, but everything I have found has looked promising. The type of company who doesn't focus on advertising and attempting to put other competitors down but a company who focuses on personal experience, word of mouth, and examples that seem to speak for themselves. Excite to give these a try.. I wonder if the guys at the bow and arrow shop have heard of them?

I haven't shot the chisel tip but I shot the original grave diggers for turkeys last year and they performed excellent on the tom I killed last year

Thanks for the reply D16hunter have you ever done any tests in these heads ? seems tough to find anyone who uses these heads here in San Diego.

I haven't done any tests but the broad heads are razor sharp and I killed the tom in this picture last year at 40 yards both blades expanded and did their job with a spine shot that's the best test of a broad head in my opinion

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424752309.879469.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424752309.879469.jpg
    349.4 KB · Views: 13
Wow man congrats on that birds, wholly mackerel that thing is beautiful!!!!!! I havent had any luck on turkeys......... almost hit them driving around jamul all the time though..... to bad there all pets ??? ???

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu