Buck Hair cut

Maybe he will like the new look and bring his big brother by...

If so, better cost him more than a few hairs!

You should ask ilovesprigs' Stefanie if the buck she got has a crop top?

Sorry CRR- couldn't resist. Its just the timing and 3x3 all lined up perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Cali Ridge Runner
So So close. :eyes:
When I found fur and no blood I kind of chuckled knowing how close it was. It was a quick shot. Just had enough time to lay down the pack and get settled in and threw out a grunt to get him to stop. The group already had winded me and they were moving over the ridge. I grunted and he slowed down and then came to a full stop broadside. He was big and actually gave me buck fever. I never ranged him and judged he was about 320 yds. Let it rip and after the shot never seen horn go over the ridge only ears. The shot felt good and steady with a nice trigger pull. I was sure he was down. After hrs of combing the hill side all I could find was the fur. Spent 6hrs there just to make sure. After finding the fur I ranged back to the rock I shot from and it was 420 yards. So I probably grazed his belly. I never hunted this canyon and did not expect them to be where they were when I walked up to the rim of the canyon. I did some scouting and got familiar with the canyon and the paths they seem to be using and bedding areas. His day will come

Reactions: Lungpopper

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu