Bugs and Bass

TRICER

Dec 20, 2014
tricerusa.com
IMG_0325.JPG late night got out around 5pm just getting home at 1am. 3 anglers 10 hoops 6 sets countless shorts and only 4 legals. Killed it on the bass using anchovies, at least 30 fish on board kept 8 this was all in between sets. All in all not a bad night with friends out on SD Bay. Just not an epic lobster year but you can't get them unless you try.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
I do missing float tubing for those spotties. Good haul.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Drew how are you ringing your chovies? I may try to get out on my kayak this weekend do some hoop netting and try to get a few of those turds. Most likely up here in Oceanside though

I buy from the bait barge and put 1/4 scoop into a 5 gal bucket with wood in the bottom then I chop them up. Hope that answers your question.
You can use cans of cat food and poke holes in it just doesn't work as good in my experience.

I buy from the bait barge and put 1/4 scoop into a 5 gal bucket with wood in the bottom then I chop them up. Hope that answers your question.
You can use cans of cat food and poke holes in it just doesn't work as good in my experience.[/QUOTE
Believe it or not I've used coots for bait before, they're greasy .
So no live chovies on a dropper or fly lining? Might have to give it a try to kill some time, thanks!

I hate technology.... from above...

So no live chovies on a dropper or fly lining? Might have to give it a try to kill some time, thanks!

Me Eslingerkejy
I hate technology.... from above...

no we use live anchovies for the bass. Depending on the depth last night we were 40' so I was using a 3/4 oz rubber core. Can't go wrong with the gulp stuff or a fish trap with a led head.
Good idea on the coots I am gonna shoot a couple this weekend and try them out.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu