Built some long range targets

Lungpopper

GLASS,GLASS,GLASS
Staff member
Mar 2, 2011
Lakeside
schoutdoors.com
Built a couple of targets this weekend. Used 1/2" AR500 for the 12" and 20" gongs and sch40 gas pipe for the frames.
They breakdown and set up really easy. Looking forward to getting some range time with these.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    869.2 KB · Views: 31
Very nice. Why only a 20" and what was the cost per? Where did you buy the metal etc?

Those look sweet.

You can buy AR-500 gongs from Industrial Metal Supply in Mira Mesa off Ruffin Road. They are one of my vendors so I get a great price, but I have to imagine even for off the street they are cheaper than shipping from somewhere. Looks like they stop at 10" but do sell silhouettes.

https://www.industrialmetalsupply.com/Products/ar-500-shooting-targets

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu