Burrrrrrrrr...19 degrees in Turkey Country

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
19 degrees, but the boys were still out and about chasing hens.....Also got some gobbles on the roost....This cold & cloudy weather should slow down the dispersal some.....Snow/rain Thursday and Friday too.

ps......Too bad this bobcat was on private.....Still have a tag.....;)

pss....Pattern some TSS reloads.....Believe it or not, but this is from Stefi's 20 gauge with a Carlson's turkey choke at 50 yds.

.005.JPG 010.JPG 019.JPG 013.JPG

Reactions: BangBangBrandon
Great pics Steve. Send that cat north, I’ve been looking for one

Great pics as always. Love the cold mornings but 19 is too far!! Were was this weather during duck season? Saw a nice flock fly over the house as I left for work this morning! Hope to see that many turkeys on our next scouting trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Impressive pattern with the 20. Saw lots of turkeys on Saturday. Private property but good to see them in large numbers.

John

Awesome Steve.

I saw a good size winter flock close to our property a couple of weeks ago. Close to 60 birds. I am hoping that is a sign of the population increasing. I am also hoping that I see birds much closer to my property during dispersal.

I am hunting Rios out east first and then around my property for MerrRios. If that doesn't go well I will head west for true Merriams.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu