Caliber for all around rifle hunting...?

Read it again bud.. Says "not rolling in dough" - reason for the hole post lol

Yep...eating crow, my apologies - definitely misread. I was a child of the 70's and learned to read through the Evelyn Woods speed reading system! ;)

With that said, buy a Ruger combo gun. Best combo rig under $600.

Last edited:
Reactions: TRICER
What did you go with? My tikka T3x in .308 was $599 at discount gun mart. I love that rifle, first time at the range I had .55" 3 shot groupings with "cheap" federal ammo.

So what caliber did you go with? 257 Wby mag is my vote for all around but it's not cheap the new kids are on the 6.5 variation haven't heard much on the 26 nosler.

As model I love the M 70 on reliability of operation. You can load that baby upside down in the heat of the moment......but I hate the safety location it will flip on fire with just rubbing on your gear.

Whatever you do don't get a muzzle brake

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu