California's back at it!

SASS

Jan 25, 2014
So just as fast as we got the use of the GPS collars this year, they are already trying to change back and outlaw them again. This state is just pathetic. I would think they would want us to have them as that is the responsible and sensible thing but hey this is CA.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Commiefornia is run by afraid of their own shadow, feel good, tree hugging, liberal, democrats......What'd you expect!......Probably a miracle in itself that we're even allowed to own a "hunting" dog......:mad:

Reactions: Holster Craft
While a hunting dog is legal (still), adding "features" such as GPS will convert them into "assault dogs" which the libs fear.

Soon you will need to register your pets as "tactical pets". You wont be able to use accessories such as spike collars, paw shoes, snake proof armor, leash restrictions,etc. These animals must have devices installed such as muzzles. Debarking will require a tax stamp from atf&a (animals).

If they had their way, the only feature that they would allow in this state would be the argyle sweater.

I dont have a hunting dog but I feel your pain.

If they don't like it or understand it... it must be outlawed. I just can't grasp how liberals have to interfere with someone elses freedom... Ed F

Reactions: Grandmesa79
So just as fast as we got the use of the GPS collars this year, they are already trying to change back and outlaw them again. This state is just pathetic. I would think they would want us to have them as that is the responsible and sensible thing but hey this is CA.

Weird that they would reverse a decision so quickly. I couldn't find anything on this reversal; the last thing on the web was the decision in April to allow GPS. Is there a link to this new development that you can post?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this real, or just gossip? SASS, we are still waiting for your information source and details.

SASS,
Still waiting for your evidence. I can't find anything about this. What's your source?

The FGC recently received information that several anti hunting organization started a law suit. It hasn't been completely banned as of yet but it is temporarily on hold until the law suit is settled. I'all find the link in a little

I just read that pdf in the link and it says for the hunting of mammals.

Birds are not mammals correct?

It's only for the pursuit of big game mammals.
You know the collars help us catch more game.
Has nothing to do with having more control over you dog and the game your chasing nor does it add up to a more humane hunt where we get to the prey before the dogs kill or hurt it.
I just like seeing my dogs work birds or fur and I have far greater control over my dog I will never go back.

Tell me what advantage does GPS give me over the game I run?

Yes it's absolutely ridiculous. GPS only has benefits there are no negatives to using them. If you're for conservation then they are very important because it allows us to keep our dogs out of places they shouldn't be, it can also help the hunter prevent and train the dogs to not run off game. The bunny huggers know this but they pretend they don't because to them its not about what makes sense for the hunters, dogs, and nature, it's about getting us hunters and houndsmen to quit hunting, to just give it up because they take our privileges from us.

Okay I have some intel why this is going down........from what I've been told it will be reinstated.........

Here's the latest, quoted from Jeff Derbes of SD NAVHDA:
"All,
Here is some information about the Use of Dogs for the Pursuit/Take of Mammals. While it may not effect the way you hunt right now, as current or future hunting dog owners, it is a step towards the total non-use of dogs for hunting purposes and should be commented on by all hunting dog owners and clubs.
Specifically, this bill would prohibit Treeing Switches and Use of Global Positioning System Equipment on dogs in the pursuit of game. I have attached some of the documentation regarding the text and history of the bill for you to read. More information may be obtained at: http://www.fgc.ca.gov/regulations/2016/index.aspx#265_2
Please pass this to your club members and get the word out to as many people as possible."

This is an issue where everyone needs to comment as the anti's are picking away at the low fruit in order to gut hunting one step at a time. If they succeed with this it will be bird dogs sooner or later so if you hunt upland birds or waterfowl or use dogs in any hunting pursuit this will affect you in the future. For me it means whether or not my training business succeeds or fails in the coming years and could lead to financial failure for my kennel. If you own a hunting dog or support the use of them you need to make your opinion known. A few years ago the tree hugger dog people challenged my rattlesnake aversion training business because of an existing ordinance that prohibited the possession of venomous reptiles in San Diego county. With a lot of work from myself and many other outdoor and dog organizations we were able to change the ordinance and now are protected by law and can no longer be harassed. These things can be achieved if we all work together. Think about this for a moment, if the things you do for living and love and embrace could be eliminated by someone that is clueless about the reality of the situation because of their tainted and abstract uninformed views would you let that happen to yourself ? Please don't let that happen to those who support the lifestyle you love and enjoy.

Reactions: Lungpopper
Well put Fred.......You know what camp I'm in..........;)

I think this thread falls under the category of "politics"......We all need to stay informed and active.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bonejour

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu