Carhartt Hunting Boots

Uuum never seen those. They look good. When I was a finish capenenter I used carhartt books and loved them. Same boat as you I'd be interested to know as well. With free shipping and free returns it might be worth ordering a pair to check them out.

Reactions: PyroTekRob
Uuum never seen those. They look good. When I was a finish capenenter I used carhartt books and loved them. Same boat as you I'd be interested to know as well. With free shipping and free returns it might be worth ordering a pair to check them out.
I think I might. Now to decide on composite toe or not. I wear my work boots for 12-14 hours a day. They are comfortable.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Don't laugh but shoes for crews make a good composite toe boot. With my condition I wear the right boot out within four months or so. The boots from shoes for crews lasted over a year. They were around $80 great soles comfortable as hell. I just got a new pair they were better then the last, well until one got ventilated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't laugh but shoes for crews make a good composite toe boot. With my condition I wear the right boot out within four months or so. The boots from shoes for crews lasted over a year. They were around $80 great soles comfortable as hell. I just got a new pair they were better then the last, well until one got ventilated.

Lol ya definitely well ventilated now.

Reactions: Bugsy71
Not familiar with shoes for crews. I mainly wear Justin's or Carhartt now. Used to own Red Wing, though not in the last 2.5 years after getting my Carhartt work boots, Carhartt broken in faster and were more comfortable from the start. The Justin's are my weekend or around the ranch boots.

Never saw those and I just did extensive research on a new boot. I would've gone Danner Pronghorn but too heavy. Bought Irish Setters but too tight and heavy. Got these and am STOKED!:

http://www.rockyboots.com/rocky/roc...kwid=1869226829x36985427695x324660667&start=1

I also have a tall, insulated, rubber hunting boot for other applications but these are so lightweight, warm and waterproof that I can't wait to hunt them. Hitting Utah, San Juan private land this year if all goes well. still gotta get my stand down form Mt. Laguna. Is Pine Creek Road open finally?
Cheers all!

Id love to hunt UT. Probably not this year. Maybe next, I have friends in ID and TX that want to take me hunting as well.

Back on track, I was going to look at Irish Setters as well. Guess when I finally get out to bass pro to check out binos and spotting scopes, I should check out boots as well.

What's a good sock for western hunting? Hot, cold, spot and stalk?

Before my injury I ran Whites or Hawthorns

Always been a Rocky boot guy...And still wear them..The only boot I think I liked more were the original Danner Pronghorns.

Last edited:
Well I ordered the Carhartt boots. Pretty nice boot. Put them on while I watered my garden, very light weight and comfortable just like my Carhartt work boots. We'll see how they break in while scouting, fishing, and hunting jack rabbits.
6c966ffc91e272536357b95fe12212ab.jpg
5b6b090800c9bdd17cb1a26f36009a53.jpg
b2e80e1af4459ce4488ca94e74c18127.jpg

Kenetrex for me. Snake Charmer bugged me for years to get a pair and I was too stubborn to listen to him. I will never look back now. Used to where Russel Moccasin boots - still own a pair and use in abusive weather but my Kenetrex are the go to!

Spend the money - your feet are your your hunt!

Kenetrex for me. Snake Charmer bugged me for years to get a pair and I was too stubborn to listen to him. I will never look back now. Used to where Russel Moccasin boots - still own a pair and use in abusive weather but my Kenetrex are the go to!

Spend the money - your feet are your your hunt!
Thats the reason I decided to try the carhartts. I have a work pair I wear up to 65 hours a week at work, they dont bother my feet at all. I hope these are as comfortable. Time will tell.

And thank you guys for all the input. If they dont work out I have lots of options to check out.

If anyone is still paying attention to this tread.

Heres my update on my new carhartt boots, so far I love them. They are as comfortable as my work boots. They keep my feet a bit warm with the insulation they have, which will be good for colder months, makes me want to take them off after 6 hours on warm days weve been having. Havent got too many miles hiking in them yet, that's still to come. Wore them fishing this weekend. They are waterproof as claimed. Stood in the water on the bank of the lake. My pant got wetter then my feet did.

The 8" can feel a bit tight and restrictive. I might need to order another 6" pair for just normal weekend hiking and fishing.
412bb769e39587467c9e00d137f4cd7d.jpg

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu