Carne A La Greenwing

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Kind of stumbled on this cooking recipe.......My friend Phil said he had cooked some specks with olive oil & garlic.....It was delish.....So I took it a little farther.

Prep......This is 5 greenwings (10 breasts).....I first take the breasts out of the water. They've been in for about 3 days.....Then put in a bowl and patted down so they're almost dry .....Then put on a cutting board and speckled with Kansas City seasoning & garlic salt.....Then I use a Jaccard meat tenderizer on them, both sides (I think this is the key).

Cooking.....Put olive oil in pan (spread).....Get frying pan very hot.....Putt each 1/2 breast in pan and cook each side about 2 minutes.....No more than that....I finish by putting jarred garlic on each piece the last 1 minute.

Eats l.....I took 4 half breast and cut them into small pieces (it literally pulls apart).....In this case, I just nuked a tortilla with cheese (better if tortilla is heated on stove burner).....Add lettuce, salsa, sour cream.....Outstanding burrito.

Eats ll.....Take breasts and just eat like prime rib & horseradish.....So tender you can cut it with a fork and you would never know it's waterfowl (did the same thing with mallards & sprig).

.003.JPG 005.JPG 007.JPG 012.JPG 015.JPG 016.JPG

Looks awesome gotta try this one hope to get a few more this weekend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Alan,

An alternative to the Jaccard is putting the breast in a bag, then taking a abalone hammer (spiked in) and pounding them.

PS.....Mud Pigeon gave me this technique last night at Wister.....;)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu