carp

sherpa

Nov 21, 2011
Flynn Springs
I fished Hodges on Wed for nothing not even a bite, I spent a little over an hour trolling the banks looking for my first Carp with a bow and saw 1 carp, I looked around the east end of the lake in the shallows Usually I see the carp jumping around the lake but none on that day. Fished EC today did a lot better with the bass but took a tour at the north end but no carp

Carp

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428509598.555347.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428509598.555347.jpg
    487.2 KB · Views: 42
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428509620.746856.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428509620.746856.jpg
    740.8 KB · Views: 36
I like goldfish.................. ;D

Attachments

• IMG_7728.JPG
    IMG_7728.JPG
    806.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_7668.JPG
    IMG_7668.JPG
    424.9 KB · Views: 42
  • DSCF0113.JPG
    DSCF0113.JPG
    433.5 KB · Views: 35
Lungpopper there aren't tons of fish on the surface, they may be jumping on the surface but as far as shootable fish on the surface I'd say were a couple weeks away. I've been every weekend for the last month. You gotta work for the fish you get. No big schools up on top as of yet. 3-4 at a time when you find them. 3 weeks ago they were in the weeds. Have not seen them there again. I do believe the spawn will be earlier this year though. The size of fish this year so far has been much bigger. But not any lungpopper numbers as of yet to speak of.

SpiritOTM said:
Lungpopper there aren't tons of fish on the surface, they may be jumping on the surface but as far as shootable fish on the surface I'd say were a couple weeks away. I've been every weekend for the last month. You gotta work for the fish you get. No big schools up on top as of yet. 3-4 at a time when you find them. 3 weeks ago they were in the weeds. Have not seen them there again. I do believe the spawn will be earlier this year though. The size of fish this year so far has been much bigger. But not any lungpopper numbers as of yet to speak of.

Thanks for the report.

tried bow fishing for the first yesterday or should I say actually shooting at one, fish on 9lb 4oz carp don't know how to post pics will try and find out how

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu