Caught a few

That sow has been eating well! Very interested to hear more about the trip, the live trapping, and the dog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that dog part mastiff?

Nope 100% American Pit Bull Terrier, no blue blood or mastiff of any type.

He is definitely 100% awesome looks great.

Thanks, appreciate it. He should be a beast based on his breeding.

Very cool trip......What do you do with the ones you catch alive?

Out there we leg and tie most unlike here. We take them to a buying station and they weigh them and buy them from us. That is why I know exactly without having to guess how much all of the hogs we caught weighed.

That sow has been eating well! Very interested to hear more about the trip, the live trapping, and the dog.

All caught with dogs, legged and tied. Then we put them in trailers and untie them and sell them live. I have two really good friends that I trade dogs with, they live about 20 miles apart in the South Central part of Texas. Their kind of my hog dog mentors. We hunted a mixture of pasture, heavy heavy briar woods, and corn fields. All very different hunts with totally different experiences.

Reactions: Bonejour
Are they sold for food or to hunt somewhere else?......How much a pound?

They are used for both. For example the lady who owned the buying station we used was paying a $20 head bonus for boars over 250lb and a $10 one for boars over 200lb. That is because she had contracts with a few high fence operations that she will send those to. The rest I believe will be sold to processors for food. I think she was paying $.35 per lb for hogs over 200lb and $.30 for hogs under to a certain point and then less as they get smaller.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu