Chainsaws

• Thread starter Deleted member 27310
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 27310

Hope all is well and the hunting season is treating you with some great adventures.

Every year right before deer season starts I start gathering firewood. I normally take a hand saw and ax with me but this year I want to upgrade to a chainsaw :cool:. I've read a few online reviews and the Husky ( husqvarna ) or Craftsman stand out.

Any of you guys have one and what would you suggest? I would probably use it once or twice a year. Gas or Battery is also another thing to think about. Thanks for reading.

Hi Rick
That's a tough one,
Don't buy a cheap one.
Get a home light, husky or even better. Never leave gas in carb.
Run it dry. then store it away.
Buy a couple of extra chains.
Especially cutting hard wood.
Putting fuel additive helps.
So no gas in the carb while
Been stored. A good chain sharpener really helps
Best
Longbow

I bought a cheap one and took it back then purchased an echo 18 inch bar for around $350 to $400. This was a few years ago and I don’t use it that often but every time I need it it cranks right up. As others have said don’t buy cheap but since I am no lumberjack I was not going to spend a ton either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love my husqvarna, I would say that you can’t go wrong with husqvarna or stihl.

I run a 450 with a 20” bar and it has been used on my eucalyptus and oak. Runs great....one day I was exhausted and poured my chain oil into the gas, dumped the oil out, dabbed as much as I could with paper towel and it fired right up as if nothing happened (that was 2 years ago). They just run.

Back