Charter Recommendation - For Kid's Birthday

JakeSCH

Oct 16, 2017
I am looking at chartering a 4 to 6 person boat for my son's 7th birthday in September. Any recommendations?

Likely will be the two of us and maybe his grandpas.

Has he been out or will this be his first time? If not jump on a half day with him first just to see how he handles the sea. If that goes well like above lots of good 4 to 6 packs around depending on what you want to do. That being said probably good you’re looking now as they can book up a long way in advance.

I go with Captain Andy out of Huntington Harbor.

Good dude, and very accommodating to kids. Was a good sport when my son tossed half the bait overboard while no one was looking.

Reactions: JakeSCH
Dreamer, Options, chubasco. all Six packs, all in Long Beach. I listed them in order of my favorites. Chubasco, sleeping is good for four adult males and two medium build guys. Book now.

My friend left this morning on the Intrepid for an eight day. While they were at the dock, some of the 1.5 day boats were coming in with lots of yellow fin tuna, footballs, 5-12 lbs.

Yeah it will be his first time, likely will do just half a day. Right now fishing is his favorite thing along with setting up traps trying to catch rabbits in the yard.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu