Check this out on the Salton Sea.

Speaking of the Salton Sea, apparently an F-35 went down near there today after bumping into a tanker during refueling. An offroader caught it on video.. anyone know exactly where it went down? The F-35 pilot punched out safely and the tanker landed wheels up in a row crop field somewhere I hear.

I've read a few books about the sea.... it was formed in 1905 when a diversion dam failed that rerouted the Colorado river. It took them 2 or 3 years to stop the flow of water into the sea. Supposedly turned into a vacation destination for the Hollywood elite in its heyday.

My dad used to take us camping there in the 70's. In the late 70's I used to fish out of Red Hill... float tubing casting Lunker lures (swim bait) and Thin Fins for 10-25 pound Corvinas. I have a few pics I'll have to dig up. The good ol' days. Ed F

Where the hell is Valley Center going to get water for 300 new homes?...Lake Henshaw?...It's a shadow of it's original size...:confused:

Reactions: jth
Speaking of the Salton Sea, apparently an F-35 went down near there today after bumping into a tanker during refueling. An offroader caught it on video.. anyone know exactly where it went down? The F-35 pilot punched out safely and the tanker landed wheels up in a row crop field somewhere I hear.

Holly Road west of the restrooms.
Anza Borrego, TDS area.

Back